Welcome. A moment-to-moment story...

Metal scrap collectors clean woods!

Finally.  Abandoned old automobile parts found near a stream were hauled out of the woods.  This message and photo is shared by a friend.

         "I was driving by the other day and saw a pickup truck parked over by the path leading into Spring Pond Woods. I slowed down thinking that it might be someone dumping stuff but I was wrong. I looked down the path and saw two guys struggling to get a really heavy object out of the woods. It was a Chevy straight 6 cylinder engine. They were carting it out on a two wheeled dolly. This thing probably weighed about 5 hundred pounds. They were cleaning up the old rusted stolen cars that had been there for decades.(!) The motivations were partly selfish, as they were looking for scrap metal to trade in for cash. But that was outweighed by the fact that they're doing a really good public service. I haven't been down there this week but will take a look when I get a chance. This saves the city of Peabody a few bucks."





Thank you for sharing, and thank you to the men who picked up the debris.
I believe the skeleton from one of these old vehicles was removed from the woods.  

3 comments:

  1. I yelled at 3 young kids riding dirt bikes on the trails. Their parents allow them to ride these things. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wonder how they heard about the metal. Who ever gave them the tip is smart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Drive in--haul out. (Instead of Carry In--Carry Out.)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome